Wednesday, 3 August 2011

Street Party - The set-up stage

Earlier this year the royal wedding was the most talked about event for many months. In my little town our local arts centre The Hive decided to throw a street party; teaming up with local businesses, musicians, story-tellers and more to create a day full of fun. The party was open to anyone and everyone who wanted to celebrate the wedding or who (lets face it) just wanted to celebrate having the day off work! It was a fantastic day and I've never seen one street so busy with smiles and laughter. Everyone's hard work paid off and it was certainly a day to remember.

I spent the entire day running up and down the street, climbing on walls and weaving my way through crowds in order to photograph everything that was going on that day. So I thought it was about time that I shared with you all the first set of photographs: the set-up stage before the party began.

































Many more to come soon!

1 comment: