Monday, 5 September 2011

GB Boccia Paralympics Portraits

Around ten months ago I heard about a vague opportunity to take photographs of a paralympic team. They needed a photographer to come along to their training camp and shoot portraiture and live sports photographs. I applied straight away, not expecting anything to come of it as I've never shot sports in action before. Several weeks later an email appeared in my inbox from the operations manager of the GB Boccia paralympic team asking whether I'd be happy to shoot portraits of their athletes and staff, while another photographer worked on the action shots. I was shocked and excited to have been invited along to shoot for such a well-known group of people. Earlier this year in April I spent a day with the team and had a really fun yet exhausting day running around trying to capture portraits of dozens of strangers while they practised their sport. It was a really brilliant experience and I'm still over the moon I was able to work on this job.

The photographs have been on the GB Boccia team's website and flickr stream  (website & flickr) for months now, but I figured it was about time I posted them directly onto my blog for you all to see if you haven't already! So below I've begun by posting my favourites from the set of informal portraits I took of the team. I'll be posting the formal portraits and the athlete-assistant shots on my blog soon too :]

Enjoy!



























Shot in Sheffield, Yorkshire.

No comments:

Post a Comment